The Marketing Arm
Are you into creating Big Ideas that change the world? Are you constantly on the lookout for “what’s next”? Do you get excited about facing down challenges? Are you leadership material? Then you could be the person The Marketing Arm is looking for.
Who We Are
Simply put, TMA is the greatest promotions agency ever built, and we’re not happy yet. We live in a world of big ideas and jaw-dropping execution. Emotion is our brand, and storytelling our craft. We operate in a highly collaborative environment, where ideas can truly come from anyone, including our clients. We are go-to. We are award hogs with enough Pros, Reggies, ADDYs and Agency-of-the-Year metals to make our reception look like the Iron Throne. We work hard and play harder. We are restless, thick-skinned, and we won’t stop until we can drop the word “promotions” from “greatest promotions agency ever built.”
Who You Are
You’re passionate about your work and commit to whatever it takes to get the job done. You believe the team is stronger than the individual. You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You look, you learn, you envy and you become better. You’re a big picture thinker who’s courageous enough to pursue your passions.
Reporting to the COO, the Director of Training and Development is responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and education programs for all agency staff. Assess agency wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives. Identify and arrange effective and engaging training solutions. Actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance. This position has a variety of training and development responsibilities including but not limited to instructional design, facilitation, project management, and organizational development consulting, coaching and curriculum management.
- Oversee all internal and external training and development curriculum for The Marketing Arm, including technical skills, professional skills, and career development.
- Update, redesign, implement and lead existing organization-wide learning and development initiatives.
- Design, develop, coordinate and facilitate internal leadership and organization specific training in a variety of subjects.
- Perform needs analyses and review organization resources to ensure that learning and development resources exist or are developed to support learning needs based upon projected competencies, organizational changes, and other external factors as well as the near and long-term goals of the agency.
- Create, deploy, assess and manage account team surveys and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Partner with account team leadership to analyze, develop and plan team meetings including conducting teambuilding exercises and facilitating discussions and conversations to meet goals and objectives.
- Conduct follow up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results; modify programs as needed.
- Partner with senior leadership and provide recommendations and strategies to support the organization’s culture programs.
- Partner with operations department to plan, organize and support TMA staff culture events, meetings and activities.
- Schedule, plan and oversee the coordination of training dates and locations.
- Manage communication and promotion of all training programs and content.
- Oversee training specialist and partner with them on training initiatives including co-facilitation.
- Source training content and resources to meet training and development needs.
- Maintain relationships and manage consultants and vendors who provide executive coaching, training courses and content by acting as a liaison between TMA staff and the vendors/consultants.
- Maintain and update a library of training and development resources that address frequently needed or required competencies for all staff within the agency.
- Partner with HR in the growth and development of an existing performance management/LMS system and oversee the development of e-learning content and system administration.
- Maintain advisory/consultative relationship with agency leadership and staff in subject matter expert areas that provide input to or deliver training and development within the agency.
- Actively stay informed and abreast on industry news in marketing, training, employee engagement and leadership to maintain a fresh perspective and stay on trend.
- Provide coaching to TMA staff at all levels.
- Develop and monitor spending against departmental budget and negotiate vendor terms.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
Please click here to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=783916
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, HR, business, communications, psychology or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of instructional design.
- Minimum 3 years’ of Organizational Development.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of leading a training and development department and or initiatives of an organization.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience directly managing training and development staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge through direct experience of learning concepts, training and development methodology, strategy and techniques.
- Ability to perform and interpret needs analysis and to translate the findings into actionable next steps.
- Strong analytical, statistical, quantities and deduction skills and ability to make qualitative judgments.
- Demonstrative knowledge of adult learning processes, instructional design techniques, and evaluation methodologies.
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across the organization.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship building across functions.
- Ability to work with management to align learning/leadership development with succession planning initiatives.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a self-directed leader of multiple initiatives.
- Must exemplify a passion for learning and development and a leadership mindset.
- Maintain a strong leadership philosophy and be a student of leadership and a life-long learner.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft suite and have above average computer skills.
- Knowledge and experience using WebEx is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using Halogen or another LMS/performance management system preferred.
- Training/OD experience working in an Agency or B to B business desirable.
- Certification in organizational development, instructional design, facilitation, Myers Briggs, DISC, Strengths Finder s plus.
- Active membership in ASTD or other professional organization a plus.