Company: Monitronics International
Monitronics International , a recognized leader in global security and publicly traded company, is seeking a motivated and dynamic Instructional Designer/Trainer.
Monitronics International, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, is one of the nation’s largest security companies and a recognized industry leader with our nationwide network of Authorized Dealers and award-winning Central Monitoring Station.
Monitronics received the 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Consumers’ Choice Award® for excellence in business and customer service among Dallas-Fort Worth headquartered alarm system companies. We are a five-time Frost & Sullivan award winner (2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 & 2014), and are accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
This individual will ensure an exceptional employee and customer experience in alignment with the organization’s goals by developing, maintaining, and facilitating effective training curriculum for the purpose of transferring knowledge and creating expertise for learners.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in English, technical writing, instructional design, education, or related field
- 2+ years experience training (developing curriculum is preferred)
- Proficiency with multimedia authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, Captivate, Camtasia, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of Information Mapping methodology
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to write learner-centered training objectives
- Experienced in creating pre-and post-assessments
- Experience with instructional design methodologies preferred
- Experienced in project management
- Knowledge and experience with the practical use of adult learning principles
- LMS experience is a plus
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Creates an engaging learning environment in which all trainees are fully capable of demonstrating learning outcomes at an expert level.
- Positively engages learners using adult learning theory.
- Accurately determines the most effective training strategies, methods, materials and settings to correspond with the type of training needed and/or the environment in which the training will be applied.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and develops effective, accurate, concise, and engaging training content and curriculum using the ADDIE process and applicable software (Adobe RoboHelp, MadCap Flare, Snagit, Photoshop, Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, and Infomapping).
- Proactively seeks solutions and enhancements to training courses and content.
- Develops quality content designed to maximize the end-user’s learning and job performance.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all necessary business stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and accessibility of training content.
- Proactively researches, updates, and communicates business updates in a timely manner.
- Contributes to a high performance team by collaborating and supporting each other in achieving and exceeding business expectations.
- Proactively engages in personal leadership development and continuous learning about all aspects of the business