Company: KBA North America, Inc.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Sheetfed Service & Operations
Reports to: Vice President Service & Operations
Direct Reports: None
Core Value: KBA North America, Inc. will be the “easiest company to do business with.” We are on a mission to make each customer contact (external and internal) a positive experience. Our customers count on us to be active listeners; knowledgeable in our industry, equipment, or area of expertise; and good business partners. We are here to resolve issues, find solutions, and act with a sense of urgency for our customers. This is our core value and each KBA employee is required take actions to execute his or her work in accordance with this Core Value.
Job Responsibility: The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the learning management system, including but not limited to: setting up users, assigning training as directed, posting new content, removing or updating existing content, assisting with technical issues and setting up and running reports. The Training and Development Specialist also coordinates the company’s safety program and may provide administrative support to document training content.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Human Resources, Organizational Design, or related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Prior work experience of one year or more administering a learning management system, preferably Cornerstone or a similar system.
- High level of detail and method in work and organizational skills.
- Enjoys working with software technology and learning its functionality through training, practice, and testing.
- Grasps complex system workflow to understand cause and effect for actions taken in system and able to troubleshoot user error, system bugs, and can map business processes into system workflows with minimum rework required.
- Project management experience or skills.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work with people at all levels within the organization on projects.
- Attentive listener.
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to ask the right questions for effective results and to give direction when necessary.
- Written communication skills with the ability to put together logical and complete records, reports, and other documentation.
- Strong initiative and follow-through on commitments.
- Customer Empathy: Displays an understanding of the customer’ needs and ascertains the appropriate sense of urgency needed to meet those needs including the awareness of the financial impact experienced by our customer and the consequential effects on KBA, its reputation, and its future business potential based upon our actions. Regards regular communication as essential component of demonstrating customer empathy.
- Subject Matter Experts/Job Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the KBA products and services as it relates to the job. Acquires, interprets, and evaluates information within industry and/or functional area of expertise to perform job responsibilities.
- Communication and Teamwork: Uses open and constructive communication with customers, managers, co-workers, and other business partners. Respects and values the differences of others for a collaborative workplace. Uses positive communication and listening skills to resolve differences, manage conflict, and focus on solutions.
- Ethical Conduct and Work Standards: Displays consistent ethical standards in business affairs. Displays enthusiastic approach to work and the company. Builds trust and credibility with KBA customers, vendors, co-workers, and other business partners by following through on commitments. Follows company policies, rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Safety: Promotes a safe working environment by attending required training, using any personal protective equipment provided, following and enforcing all safety policies, and performing work in a safe manner at all times.
- Dependability: Follows through on commitments, meets deadlines, and can be depended on.
- Implements and maintains all training technology such as the learning management system (LMS) including keeping training records, setting up and/or approving enrollments, uploading and maintenance of content, training managers and learners on usage, and answering usage questions for managers and learners.
- Acts as a help desk troubleshooting and fixing user issues within the learning management system (LMS).
- Performs testing of system and content to ensure functionality.
- Tracks, reports, and follows up on assigned training to ensure completion and/or confirm assessment scores.
- Documents processes and procedures to establish consistent use of system.
- Manage system changes and upgrades.
- Provides administrative support to internal staff and external consultants and vendors on the development of content for training programs that will meet the learning objectives including the development of learning aids.
- Researches, recommends, and purchases “off-the-shelf” training that will meet desired learning objectives reviewing content, selecting vendors, and negotiating prices.
- Implement training and development programs by coordinating all training activities such as connecting electronic training to system, enrolling learners, coordinating rooms, trainers, or other needs to execute training.
- Prepares training-related communication such as announcements, processes, and procedures.
- Coordinates the company’s safety program to ensure a safe working environment and compliance with all OSHA standards and other applicable laws and regulations including coordination of training, safety committee, and responding to customer and other vendor requests regarding the company’s safety program.
- Performs other related job responsibilities as necessary based on business needs.
Physical Demands of Job:
This position is an office position with standard weekday hours. Employee may need to work hours outside the regular schedule, at times, to meet certain deadlines or business demands. The position requires continuous use of the computer. The job may require occasional business travel.
This position will interact with employees at all levels of the organization from the CEO and down. This position will also interact both remotely and in-person with staff at the parent company in Germany such as but not limited to the Training Department at the factory. The position also interacts with outside vendors and business partners related to training and development.
Send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org