16th Annual Southwest Learning Summit
August 16, 2016
Plano Centre, Plano, TX
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
The request for speaker proposals is now closed.
What is the ATD Dallas Southwest Learning Summit?
We bring together those who are passionate about learning and development in the workplace. We call on attendees, presenters and exhibitors to spend a day sharing new ideas, networking with peers, and learning about the latest trends and resources.
What is the agenda for the day?
||Breakfast | Vendor Visits
||Welcome & Introduction
||Concurrent Session #1
||Break with Vendors
||Concurrent Session #2
||Lunch | Vendor Visits
||Concurrent Session #3
||Dessert with Vendors
What are the concurrent session tracks?
- Talent Assessment: applying a systematic approach for implementing individual and organizational assessments that support the facilitation of the career development planning process and succession planning efforts.
- Succession Planning: applying a systematic approach for identifying and developing employees with the potential to fill key business leadership positions in the company.
- Leadership Development: applying a systematic approach to educate, grow and enrich the skills, mindsets and knowledge of existing and emerging leaders.
- Coaching: applying a systematic approach to improve others’ ability to set goals, take action and maximize strengths.
- Talent Mobility: applying a systematic approach for facilitating career transitions that support engagement and retention efforts.
- Performance Improvement: applying a systematic approach for analyzing human performance gaps and closing them.
- Change Management: applying a systematic approach to shift individuals, teams and organizations from a current state to a desired state.
- Diversity and Inclusion: a systematic approach to creating a workplace environment and organizational culture with practices that encourage growth and development, learning from others and capturing the advantage of diverse perspectives.
Innovative Learning Solutions
- Learning Technology: applying new technology or using technology in an innovative way to address specific learning needs.
- Design and Delivery: designing and delivering formal and informal blended learning solutions using a variety of methods so the training is both engaging and effective.
- Knowledge Management: capturing, distributing, and archiving intellectual capital to encourage knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
Managing Learning Programs and Teams
- Strategic Planning: an approach of defining an organization’s (or a subset of the organization’s) strategy, making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy, and guiding the implementation of the strategy. This can include how talent strategy aligns with and/or enables organizational strategy.
- Evaluating Learning Impact: using metrics and analytics to measure the value of workplace learning and talent development solutions to the organization.
Who will be speaking?
We know that this information is critical to deciding whether or not you'd like to attend. We've selected two keynote speakers. Information on them and their topics will be available by the end of April.
Concurrent session selections will be announced in June. There will be three concurrent session offering times with the four tracks represented.
How much does it cost to attend?
Hurry - Early Bird ends on June 16, 2016!
| Early Bird
Corporate groups: $1100 for 5 attendees, includes annual memberships (Only $220 for each additional attendee)